This course provides harness training for people who use MEWPs (Mobile Elevated Work Platforms). It does not qualify someone to become ‘company inspector’ of the equipment.
TRAINING TIMETABLE - HALF DAY COURSE
Course Registration - 8am
- Course introduction
- Harness Safety awareness and theory talk
- Theory test
- Harness introduction and familiarisation
- Practical test
- Course evaluation
- Question and answer session
- Course finish
Average course length is four hours, dependent on the trainee's experience. Courses can take place at one of our dedicated training centres, and we can also provide on-site training if suitable facilities are available.
A half-day course (theory) for users of safety harnesses covers the following areas:
- Legislation including the Health and Safety at Work Act, Personal protective equipment regulations, CE Marking, EN Standards. Hazard analysis and risk assessment.
- The definition of the three categories for safe work at height, to include a look at the loads generated when working with MEWPs. Work restraint, work position, and fall arrest.
- Certificates of conformability and traceability, inspection and record-keeping procedures, limitations of use and when to retire from service, strengths and characteristics of equipment and importance of rescue provision.
Delegates will be assessed with a theory test and practical fitting and inspecting at the end of the course. Successful candidates will receive a certificate.
For more information on this course please call us on 0345 366 4755 and ask for the training manager.
- Date: No date information available
- Total Price: £0.00
- Session Price: £0.00